Long-form content performs better because it gets you more shares on social media, you get more links to your website, and you increase your website authority.
What is long-form content?
Long-form content is content with more than 2,000 words.
It is related to higher rankings in search results since the average content length of the top 10 search results is typically over 2,000 words.
Long-form content has a higher chance at more social media shares
There is a correlation between longer content and more shares on social media.
The chance of more social media success is directly related to how long the content is or how many words.
How to create long-form content
According to SerpLogic, there are six key steps to creating successful long-form content. They are the following:
1. Clearly identify your goals for your content
2. Decide on gated (where a visitor has to fill out a form) or non-gated content
3. Select a topic that will deliver value to your audience
4. Decide who will write the content (some internally or externally)
5. Optimize your content for conversions
6. Create a comprehensive and creative content promotion strategy
Check out this infographic below by SerpLogic to learn more about the key benefits of long-form content, why you should create it and how to do it:
This infographic was created by SerpLogic.