Some marketers make the mistake that bigger is better when it comes to social media. Just because your organization’s social media audience is large doesn’t mean it is successful and engaged. That’s why a social media strategy is so important.
It is not about accumulating followers but building meaningful relationships with your social media followers. The question becomes: do you know why people share your content? Are you aware on how they engage with you on social media? Do you know why they follow you on social media?
How to build relationships on social media
Here are some helpful tips and stats to help you better engage your audience on social media:
- Hold social media contests
- Create and tag commenters or sharers
- Conduct polls and surveys
- Offer incentives for shares and conversions
- Join Twitter Chats
- Use images and optimize your use of hashtags
- Post frequently and consistently using the help of content curation tools and resources
How to be authentic on social media
- Know who you are
- Respond, respond and respond
- Show off your personality
- Don’t be afraid to take a stand
- Create a conversation with your followers
Why do people share your content on social media?
- 73% of people share content because it helps them process information more deeply, thoroughly and thoughtfully
- Almost 50% of people inform others of products they care about
- 84% of people support causes or issues they care about
- 78% stay connected with people stay in touch with people they may not otherwise stay in touch with
- 69% of people feel more involved in the world
Check out this infographic below by Salesforce.com to learn how to better engage your followers on social media. Find out the important methods you should use to engage with your audience on social media.
This infographic was created by Salesforce.