Some marketers are making a mistake that bigger is better when it comes to social media.
Just because your organization’s social media audience is large doesn’t mean it is successful.
It is not about accumulating followers but building meaningful relationships with your followers.
So the question becomes: do you know why people share your content and how they engage with you on social media?
Here are some helpful tips and stats to help you engage your social media followers better:
Some methods to use to engage your audience
- Hold social media contests
- Create and tag commenters or sharers
- Conduct polls and surveys
- Offer incentives for shares and conversions
- Join Twitter Chats
- Use images and optimize your use of hashtags
- Post frequently and consistently using the help of content curation tools and resources
How to be authentic on social media
- Know who you are
- Respond, respond and respond
- Show off your personality
- Don’t be afraid to take a stand
Why do people share your content on social media?
- 73 percent of people share content because it helps them process information more deeply, thoroughly and thoughtfully
- Almost 50 percent of people inform others of products they care about
- 84 percent of people support causes or issues they care about
Check out this infographic below by Salesforce to learn more how to better engage your followers on social media.
This infographic was created by Salesforce.