Instagram was very similar to the other social media platforms when it came onto the scene in 2010 with people posting pictures of pets, food and selfies.
Jump to 2018, Instagram has morphed into a popular marketing platform compared to its early photo sharing days.
Just look at some of the platform’s newest features.
In just the last year, Instagram has added a number of tools specifically for businesses like advanced analytics, new techniques to increase traffic via Instagram Stories and shoppable Instagram posts.
Establishing a presence on Instagram is beneficial if you are in e-commerce, media and publishing or education.
However, if you want to take your business to the next level, you have to fully understand the stats and analytics.
The Make a Video Hub team have scoured the internet to uncover a collection of the latest Instagram figures to demonstrate how effective the platform is for brands and businesses. Take advantage of these stats to create your individual Instagram marketing plan.
Key Instagram Stats for 2018
Here are some statistics, facts and figures about Instagram:
Instagram has more than 1 billion monthly active users (MAUs) or more than 13 percent of the Earth’s population
- Number of daily users for Snapchat in first quarter 2018 grew by only 2.13 percent to 191 million
- Facebook reached 2.196 billion (or a 3.14 percent increase)
- Instagram is increasing at close to 5 percent every quarter
The typical user spends an average of 55 minutes per day on Instagram
- The time spent is critical since the increased time spent on the app means more people see the ads and this is how these apps generate income
- Grabbing user attention is the biggest issue for mobile advertisers today
- With the increasing competition in the marketplace, these apps along with the more conventional media outlets such as Netflix and Disney are all seeking to grab as much user attention as possible
User engagement is 58 times bigger on Instagram compared to Facebook and engagement per follower is 120 times more compared to Twitter
- Instagram might be a good starting point if you want to increase your social media strategy
- Instagram community is very active and provides many user-friendly features for highlighting your business and engaging new potential customers
Instagram currently has over 25 million active business profiles
- Businesses see how critical it is to connect with customers
- More than 80 percent of Instagram users follow a business
- Every day 200 million users visit a business profile
72 percent of Instagram users have bought a product they saw advertised on the app
- With shoppable posts, businesses can attach links to their photos to an in-app page with details of the product
- A “Shop Now” button provides a direct link to the online store of the business
Instagram is Very Influential
When it comes to product purchases, Instagram is very influential and merchants should take full advantage of shoppable posts.
Take a look at the following infographic by Make a Video Hub to see the full picture of Instagram’s effectiveness.
This infographic was created by Make a Video Hub.