Found a job posting and you know that this job is perfect for you?
The hiring manager is on the lookout for the perfect person for this job too.
This is your chance. Don’t mess it up.
If you want to make sure that your resume will not land in a discard pile, this infographic below explains how to tailor your resume to the job posting and what the hiring manager needs from your application.
A well-tailored job application is the first step to getting invited to a job interview.
5 Things You Should Do To Tailor Your Resume to The Job You Want
So here’s what you need to do:
1) Read the job advertisement carefully
2) Highlight all words and phrases indicative of what the recruiter requires and think of skills that would cover those expectations
3) Brainstorm. Write it all down. You’ll end up with a list of required skills and experience that will fit your potential employer’s requirements
4) Write up your resume using words and phrases from the ad itself. But don’t go out on a copy-pasting mode. The end reader is a human, so make it readable.
5) Make sure Applicant Tracking System (ATS) software is on your side. Sprinkle the most important skill keywords throughout your resume.
The Process of Matching Your Resume to Job in Visual Form
Still not sure what tailoring your resume looks like?
Check this infographic by zety.com to see the entire process laid out in a few quick steps:
This infographic was created by zety.com.