The growth of online learning as an industry since the year 2000 has been of more than 900 percent. Global online learning market is supposed to reach $325 billion by 2025. More than 41.7 percent of Fortune 500 companies are already using some form of technology to train their employees.
Well, staggering enough to make one wonder.
What in the world is the deal about online learning?
If you are looking for answers, you are in the right place. Here’s why online learning is as valued as it is.
No physical presence required
First things first, online learning is awesome for its fluid educating and learning system. Unlike any traditional classroom, online learning does not require the trainers and students to be physically present at the time of the lecture.
The trainers can record or animate video sessions as they discuss the concerned topic and the learners can access that content whenever they wish to. Makes everyone’s life easy. Also, this saves time that would normally have been consumed in commuting to and from the learning center.
Better return on investment (ROI)
Another great thing about online learning is that it produces better results. How?
- Every dollar invested in online training results in around $30 worth of productivity
- Learning through eLearning typically requires 40 to 60 percent less employee time than learning the same material in a traditional classroom
- eLearning boosts retention rates up to 25-60 percent. Which is way better when compared to traditional/face-to-face classrooms (8 to 10 percent)
- eLearning participants learn 5 times more material in the same amount of time than those learning through traditional methods
- As a result, 42 percent companies say that eLearning helped them boost their revenue
- Companies using eLearning technology achieve an 18 percent boost in employee engagement
- 72 percent of companies believe that eLearning helps them increase their competitive edge by giving them the opportunity to keep up with the changes
- Using eLearning for employee training boosts the revenue generated per employee by 26 percent
You can watch it ‘n’ number of times
Do you have any memories of missing out on a lecture and lagging behind with the course? In the news today: Online learning is here to save you from the fiasco.
One of the best features of an online learning course is that it can be viewed again and again and again and again until you don’t want to watch it anymore. This simply solves one big problem of lacking behind in the syllabus. So, whenever you want to go through a topic that you missed or forgot, you just need to login and watch it.
Saves greatly on finances
One major factor that drives the crowd from traditional classrooms to eLearning is its cost effectiveness. Firstly, students get to learn while staying in their own places. This means they save money and time on commuting. Secondly, considering the less amount of time consumed per topic, it’s clearly more economic. Plus, you pay once for a course and get full access to it. This allows you to repeat the entire course wherever you want, whenever you want.
Final words on the state of online learning
Whether you want to learn to manage a content marketing campaign or to create better content, with eLearning you can do it all. You can save yourself a great deal of money and earn a great ROI. In this blog post, we tried to rule out the doubts that demotivate businesses and individuals from investing in online learning. Hopefully this helped you understand the state of online learning.
This guest blog article was written by Christopher Pappas, founder of eLearning Industry Network, the largest online community of professionals in the eLearning field. Well-versed in inbound marketing, Chris combines this knowledge with eLearning to put forth smart solutions.