According to the 2020 Chief Marketer survey, business to business (B2B) marketing leaders report that these approaches are working best for them:
- Email is the best channel for producing and nurturing marketing generated leads
- Blog posts or blog articles are the top content marketing type for moving marketing generated leads through the funnel
- LinkedIn is the most effective social media network for B2B brands
The report was based on data from a survey conducted among 167 senior marketers who have more senior marketing job titles along the lines of chief marketing officer, vice president of marketing, and director of marketing. The respondents work for B2B companies.
Other interesting statistics from the survey include the following:
- 50% of respondents cite email produces leads with the highest return on investment (ROI)
- 55% of respondents say blog posts or blog articles as one of the most effective approaches for lead generation
- 84% of respondents report LinkedIn is one of the most social media effective platforms for their lead generation efforts
How B2B marketing leaders approach lead generation
Check out the infographic below from Chief Marketer to discover the top five insights from the survey. Learn how B2B marketing leaders approach lead generation at their company. You can benchmark yourself against them.
This infographic was created by Chief Marketer.