It is a job to find a job. You spend a lot of time updating your background and qualifications into a Microsoft Word document, but you don’t know which elements of your experience and skills you should emphasize. If only you knew how companies analyze job candidates when they look at your resume.
A successful job search starts with a great resume. You need a resume that makes you stand out from the rest of the pack and gets you a job interview. If you can impress a company on paper, you’ll have a better chance of winning them over at the job interview stage.
How can you ensure your resume is as strong as it needs to be and improve your chances to landing a job interview?
Tip to land a job interview
Here are some tips on how to improve your resume and land a job.
- Run the job listing through a word cloud to get the most important keywords you should include on your resume and use those words to tailor your resume to the job description.
- Format your resume so it starts with your most recent experience at the top.
- Don’t include a photo on your resume unless it is requested.
- Add a link to your LinkedIn profile. A majority of hiring managers think this is an attractive feature to have on a resume.
- Include a summary statement and a list of your skills.
- Add numbers to show quantity your accomplishments.
- Limit each job experience to six bullet points.
How to improve your resume and land a job
In this infographic from Net Credit below, there are 18 tips to help you improve your resume and increase your chances of getting a job interview.
This infographic was created by Net Credit.