If your blog doesn’t generate enough leads and customers don’t engage with your content, your marketing strategy needs adjustment. I can tell you one sure thing. As a blogger, your business is on the right track to success.
According to HubSpot, blog marketers are 13 times more likely to make a positive return on investment (ROI) than non-bloggers. Since you’re here reading this blog article, I’m pretty sure you know that blogging is beneficial and highly valuable for business.
But there’s a long way from knowing to doing. If you’re lacking resources to manage your page, don’t hurry to close it and call it a day. Make all the necessary efforts to keep your web page alive. Even if things seem to be going south, feasible options are still waiting to be explored.
Digital marketing strategies to boost your blog
To be more specific, here are five of the most popular marketing strategies that will teach you how to boost up your blog.
Create viral content
Social sharing is one of the best methods to get noticed. Make sure your content is excellent is a must. Here’s a short guideline on how to make your content go viral:
- Trigger an emotional response. The first thing to focus on is emotion. People are defined by emotion. They respond best to emotional triggers. Existing research supports this claim. The best content will trigger emotions such as laughter, awe, or even anger.
- Keep it concise. Your next focus is on keeping the blog content short and concise to avoid boring the reader. Add visuals to the text to keep it exciting.
- Be honest. There’s nothing that readers hate more than copy-cats. Don’t be one. Build trustworthiness in your blog by promoting original, authentic content.
- Post during peak hours. Choose your times properly to reach a wider audience. The weekends are a popular posting time, but Mondays and Tuesdays are also good days to promote new content.
- Use catchy titles. Your goal is getting the reader’s attention, so use the right catching phrases for that. Your title is essential. It’ll decide whether the client will open your article or not. So, use the right strategies to entice readers.
- Make sharing content easy for users. The more they share, the more you’ll grow. This process must be simplified. Add sharing buttons and make posts easy to forward.
- Give them the chance to interact. Opening up a comment section where people can tag their friends is important. Readers like interacting on posts; and the great thing is that this will also help promote your blog!
Viral content ensures that your blog posts get shared on multiple social media platforms. The more shares you get, the more followers you’ll gain. Implement the above strategies to gain more followers, popularity, and boost user engagement.
Use the right SEO strategies
Search engine optimization (SEO) will help your blog get noticed faster. You should use specific SEO strategies for maximizing efficiency:
- Target the correct keywords. Google runs on specific algorithms that increase your blog’s likelihood of getting noticed. Or not. Using the right keywords will help you rank higher on browsers.
- Low difficulty keywords are essential to your strategy. Your target should be looking for those with low competition and good traffic volume.
- Long-tail keywords are also worth focusing on. If you use them in the right places, they’ll generate traffic quickly.
- Place your keywords where it matters. That’s usually in the title of your article of its subheadings. Google likes that.
- Your meta descriptions must be immaculate and well-designed. Use the right keywords here too. Don’t make your keywords sound unnatural.
- Design your blog in such a way that it’s responsive. Make your content mobile-friendly. Use WordPress to check out various blog themes.
- Optimize images to drive more traffic to your website. If you’re using WordPress, ShortPixel should be your best friend.
- Your backlinks should be user-friendly. If your uniform resource locators (URLs) are too long or not descriptive enough, users won’t interact.
- Your blog’s load speed is also important. Readers won’t spend more than seven seconds on average for your content to load. Optimize your blog’s speed.
- Get a secure sockets layer (SSL) for your website. Without one, the website not secure icon will show, and users will fear interacting with your website.
- Create a successful link building strategy. Get influencers to promote your blog using backlinks. There are other strategies available as well, just know where to look for them.
These are just basic strategies to be implemented on your blog. If you need access to more tools, research well and in more depth.
Become a published author
Another good strategy to increase traffic to your blog is to become a published author. This way, you’ll be able to include blog links in your book and get more visitors to your web page. It’s been proven that this strategy can bring bloggers 200 more website visitors per month. Let’s see how you can publish your first eBook.
- Do the groundwork. Figure out your niche and determine the type of content you want to create. Then, develop a strategy to reach the desired target audience.
- Start brainstorming ideas. Plan your book properly and set up deadlines. Write each day, consistently. Research your niche well to ensure that your topic is unique. Don’t strive for perfect content, just familiarize yourself with writing first; worry about editing later.
- Get yourself an agent or submit directly to publishers. You could also go for self-publishing if you think you can handle it on your own. For some, the best strategy is to enroll in the Kindle Direct Publishing Select Program.
- Grow your profile by continuing to market yourself. Use the links in your book to grow an even wider audience. Link your blog content back to your book.
This is a short answer on how to become a published author. Make sure you’re seeking more in-depth relevant information if you’re going for this option. All I can say is that linking freely to your website has shown effective until now.
Use email marketing mindfully
Your most powerful tool is your email list. That’s because this list gives you direct access to your audience, no algorithms involved. You don’t even need to pay for this to get started.
- Know your audience. Personalize the email content according to each individual. If you can afford using artificial intelligence (AI) automated marketing tools, do it!
- Respect your users’ privacy preferences. If they asked you to stop sending out emails for a while, do it. Respecting boundaries is crucial for increasing trustworthiness in your brand.
- Include backlinks to your blog within your emails. Don’t hesitate to use effective call to action (CTA) buttons to drag traffic back to your website.
- Segment your audience based on different factors. Demographics, customer behavior, and geographic location are just some of the most popular segments to look at.
- Don’t hide the unsubscribe button. Give your audience a chance to say no. They should be able to unsubscribe if they don’t want to receive any more emails from you. Blocking access to this decision will only pull clients away.
If you’re using email marketing correctly, you might not need access to any other tools. This one might be enough. You can literally build a whole business with email, so wait no more; start using this strategy.
Use guest blogging
Guest blogging is another valid strategy to increase traffic to your blog. You don’t have to build any backlinks, but you do have to use specific long-tail keywords to get higher rankings on browsers.
Here’s how you can get started on this strategy.
- Research well. Find influential blogs with many followers and guest-blog on these websites. Make sure you’re checking this page’s social influence to decide if it’s worth posting or not. In the end, the more you post, the more chances to get noticed by users.
- Research top-ranking sites. Search your long-tail keyword on Google and see where it leads you. If Google couldn’t find your keyword, good call. You have literally zero competition for this keyword. Then write for SEO-oriented websites to build organic traffic to your web page.
- Pitch blogs. Once you found the blogs you’re interested in, pitch. Write down a text that’ll get your foot in the door. Give them good reasons for hiring you. Don’t pull back if they refuse you, you can always find more leads. Stay focused on your goal and keep searching.
To boost your blog use these digital marketing strategies
One more important thing – being consistent in your actions is necessary. You cannot become a better blogger with increased rankings if you’re unable to keep yourself accountable. Learning these digital marketing strategies to boost your blog is a good start, but it’s not enough.
You must be persistent in your work to achieve outstanding results. Building a wider audience requires time and effort. Commit to the process before starting the hard work. These digital marketing strategies should boost your blog. Good luck!
This guest blog article was written by Emma Coffinet, who is a content creator for websites, blogs, articles, white papers, and social media platforms. She writes for college paper websites and keeps herself well-read with the changing trends of the internet.